Self-Catering Apartment, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland
Stay 29 March - 24 October 2019 for a week or more. Save £50 !Check our for special discounts
Look across to the old Elizabethan walls of Berwick-upon-Tweed and the red pantile roofs of this historic town Boat trips are available through the summer months. You may see salmon , dolphins, swans and seals, and you can often watch the loading and unloading of the ships.
- The apartment is reached by lift and is beautifully finished with oak floors, central heating and double glazing. There are attractive features such as arch windows and the old metal pillars from the days of the historic granary.
- As the apartment is all on one level, it may be suitable for the less mobile guest.
- The lounge area is decorated in contemporary style and has a wall mounted flat screen TV and Blu-ray DVD/CD player. Free WiFi is available.
- The galley style kitchen is very fully equipped with all that you would expect – fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle, iron, and washer/dryer and freezer. The oak theme is carried through to the worktops and many items of furniture.
- The dining area has a designer table, china crockery and fine glassware and is laid out for a candle lit dinner for you.
- Throughout the flat you will notice several original pictures, antique posters and photographs by local artists.
- The bedroom has a double bed with the option of duvet or blankets and the linen is pure Egyptian cotton. A flat screen TV with Freeview, is wall mounted for comfortable viewing and radio listening.
- The shower room has a spacious walk-in shower and a ceiling radio so that you do not miss your favourite programme. There’s a wooden counter top and marble basin with lever taps. Hand made soap, made for Border Holiday Homes by Sarah of the Soap Farm is included. All towels are provided of course.
- Secure parking is included, under cover inside a courtyard with access by electronic gates.
- A ‘Welcome Basket’ is waiting for you and includes a selection of Border specialities such as local honey, our home made jam, home made chutney, shortbread from Fords bakery and ‘Berwick Cockles’ – a local sweetie. Milk, tea, ground coffee, sugar and free range eggs are also provided. Enjoy a bottle of our local beer from from Hetton Law Brewery too.
The town has a thriving theatre and cinema, good restaurants and bistros and some great real ale pubs. Try the tiny micro bar called the Curfew which is tucked away on Bridge Street. Follow the L.S. Lowry Art trail around Tweedmouth and Spittal and see the views as the artist saw them.
Wider afield there are many stately Homes, such as Manderston, Paxton House, Cragside and Bamburgh Castle and gardens, and the Holy Island of Lindisfarne should not be missed
Two very special attractions are the Heavy Horse Centre near Cornhill on Tweed and the charming historic Villages of Ford and Etal and the exquisite painting of Lady Waterford Hall. You could even take a ride on the steam hauled narrow gauge railway.
Berwick upon Tweed enjoys fantastic direct rail links (London 3.5 hours), Edinburgh (45 mins.) and Newcastle (50 mins.) and a taxi from the train station will cost around £5 . There is also an extensive and affordable network of local buses for exploring the local area. For guests wishing to hire a car we will be happy to assist you in arranging this with a local company.
- What’s on locally: Visit Berwick
- The medieval walls and gateways
- The Maltings Theatre and Cinema
- Twice weekly open-air market (Wednesday and Saturday)
- The Barracks Museum for lots of art exhibitions
- Beaches and cliff walks including the Lowry Trail
- Berwick has lots of superb Georgian Houses
- Lindisfarne (Holy Island): tide tables provided
- Bamburgh Castle
- Alnwick Gardens
- Eyemouth and Coldingham beaches and cliff walks
- Paxton House (part of the National gallery of Scotland)
- Manderston (television’s ‘Edwardian Country House’ and Balmoral in the film ‘Mrs. Brown’)
- Cragside (home of Armstrong, shipbuilder and arms manufacturer )
- Jim Clark Trophy Room, Duns